Gym Workout App Development – Building a Gym Workout App
With the increase in the adoption of fitness bands, Fitbit, and other smart devices, people, Instead of spending money in gyms and personal fitness trainers, rely more on health and fitness apps, due to which the market of mobile workout apps continues to grow.
If you’re one of those who want to know everything about gym workout app development, then this write-up is for you. Here, you will learn how to create a fitness app, different monetization strategies, and the costs of fitness app development.
Table of Contents
Most Popular Types of Fitness & Workout Apps
For gym workout app development, we first choose the type of app based on our client’s requirements. The type of mobile workout app is divided based on the features used by fitness freaks.
The type of various health and fitness apps we develop includes:
- Activity tracking apps
- Diet and nutrition apps
- Yoga & meditation apps
- Workout and exercise apps
Are you looking for developers who can build a health and fitness app for you to make a difference in your business?
What must-have features do we use in our mobile workout app?
As a gym workout app development company, we provide users with various features through our fitness app development to improve the user experience.
- Registration and and Create Account
- Integration with Social Media Platform
- Push Notifications
- Integration with Wearable and Non-wearable Devices
- Target Setting
- Workouts and Video Tutorials
- Safe payment methods and In-App Purchase
- Food Logging and Tracking
- Water Tracking
- Nutrition and Recipe Database
- Barcode Scanner
- Activity Log
- Online Consultations
Custom Workout App Monetization Strategy
- Paid Apps
In this strategy, users buy mobile workout apps to benefit from it. We will start this strategy by offering free trials first, and once users understand the app’s working, they will purchase it or subscribe for future use.
- In-App Purchases
Here in this strategy, we can earn money by creating a free fitness app for users by encouraging them to buy some advanced feature setting or premium content which is allowed to access by premium members only.
In the freemium model, we allow users to use the app’s basic features for free, but for advanced features or access to premium services, we charge users.
We can charge a commission from other health and fitness companies who may be interested in partnering with us and want to run advertising campaigns in our app.
- Sponsored Content
This business approach need a commitment and the desire to find associate with other sports business companies. We give them a offer to place ads for their businesses, to sell their skills, and create original content inside our custom-built app. These are comparatively profitable from others and also they provide more original content to the users at cost-effective rates.
How to Create a Workout App: Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1. Investigation / Discovery phase
In this phase of the app development process, our business analyst will conduct competitive analysis and research for the target audience and prepare a substantial technical specification for our featured-rich fitness app.
In this phase, we work on finding out the answer of several questions, that includes:
- What are the business goals of gym workout app development?
- Who will use this app?
- How much time will the project take to complete?
- What are the competitor apps?
- What is the estimated cost for gym workout app development?
Step 2. Selection of tech-stack
Being a gym workout app development company, we go with native approach because it is best in terms of performance of the app.
So if you want to build a gym workout app for your business, we suggest choosing cross-platform apps because their performance results are quite beneficial and comparable to that of native apps.
If you still need any assistance with tech stack solutions, contact Adsum Software.
Step 3. Prototyping and design
In this step, we draft the app’s prototype representing the complete structure and flow. These prototypes are helpful as they replicate user interaction. Once the client gives the green signal to the prototype of the app, we will proceed with the development phase. Otherwise, we will make the changes if required because changes will be cheaper at this stage.
We will make sure that the design of the gym workout app is well-developed by experts who not only make beautiful visuals but also have expertise in creating UX.
Step 4. Fitness app development & Optimization
At this point, we do work on the development of MVP and app testing. Once we complete our development and testing phase, we review all the coding, modules, and refactoring to speed up and maintain the work. Hence, we ensure the effortless working of the app.
Step 5. Launch, track, and maintain
At this step, we release the gym workout app and provide the client with our support and maintenance services.
Technologies Used At Adsum Software For The Gym Workout App Development
As a Fitness app development company, we have a team with extensive experience building fitness apps. Thus, we offered the tech-stack that makes sure the efficient and stable work of the app. It includes the following technologies:
- React Native, Angular, or Vue.js for building the mobile app
- Bootstrap, Material-UI for styling
- Node.js and Express.js for the server-side logic
- MongoDB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL for the database
- AWS, Firebase, or Azure for hosting and deploying the app
- For Payment gateway integration, we use such as Stripe and PayPal
Mobile App technologies:
- Android, iOS, Cross-platform like React Native, Flutter, Ionic, and Xamarin.
- NoSQL for the database
- Apple Store and Google Play Store for deploying the app
- For Payment gateway integration, we use such as Stripe and PayPal
- Database technology: MongoDB or MySQL
- Payment gateway integration: Stripe, Paypal, or another payment gateway
- Push notification: Firebase Cloud Messaging
- Maps Integration: Google Maps
- Cloud Platform: AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Authentication and Authorization: JWT, OAuth, or other authentication
How Much Does it Cost for Gym workout App development?
It is a complicated task to give an accurate cost for developing a Workout planner app because it depends on several factors. Complexity and type of the app are few factors among others that impact the cost of building a fitness app.
Our estimated cost for Gym workout app development depends on the various aspects. That includes –
- Web platform development
- Chosen functionality and its complexity
- Number of features
- Choice of the tech stack
- Work scope
- Gym workout app development company experience
- Composition of team and development practices
- Consistency in processing
- Team location
If you need more assistance, guidance, and insight on gym workout app development.
You may contact Adsum Software to build something great.
Undoubtedly, health and fitness apps help users with health-related services and lifestyle awareness. When this awareness amalgamates with progressive technology, and growing demand gives growth to workout planner apps in the global market.
So, are you a new startup or business owner wanting to develop or enhance your mobile workout app? Adsum Software is here to help you with gym workout app development.